Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “High Energy Chemistry / Hazardous Chemistry-based API Manufacturing Services Market: Focus on High Temperature, Low Temperature / Cryogenic, High Pressure and Low Pressure Chemistries, 2020-2030” report to its list of offerings.
Various service providers claim to possess the required equipment for API synthesis under hazardous (high / low temperature and high / low pressure) conditions. Over time, the shift to high energy synthesis chemistries has demonstrated the benefits of closed, continuous reaction processes. Although many players continue to prefer the standard batch process, many are gradually adopting continuous flow technologies, especially for hazardous reactions.
To order this 240+ page report, which features 90+ figures and 100+ tables, please visit the website
Key Market Insights
Over 100 companies claim to have the required capabilities to handle high energy chemistry (HEC) / hazardous chemical reactions
Nearly 80% of the aforementioned players claim to be capable of carrying out API synthesis at cryogenic / low temperatures. Interestingly, almost 30% of such firms have adopted continuous flow technologies for such purposes.
Around 50 CROs and custom synthesis service providers are actively engaged in this domain
These players provide a range of services, starting from process development and scale-up to small scale synthesis, to innovator companies. Of these, 73% claim to presently possess the necessary capabilities to handle high pressure conditions.
There are around 150 facilities across the globe, equipped to handle HEC reactions
Notably, most such facilities (over 100) are located in Europe and the Asia Pacific. Further, within the US, majority of facilities claim to have the necessary capabilities to handle high temperature conditions (in the range of 191°C to 240°C) for API manufacturing.
At present, service providers have the necessary expertise to handle 140 distinct reaction types
It is worth highlighting that over 40% of service providers offering HEC-based API synthesis, claim to have the required capabilities for performing hydrogenation reaction. This is followed by players with expertise in reduction reactions (32%), Grignard reaction (32%) and Friedel Crafts reaction (29%).
North America captures the highest share (in terms of service revenues) of the global HEC-based API manufacturing services market
The markets in Asia-Pacific and Europe capture 29% and 24% of the overall share (in terms of service revenues), respectively. Further, in terms of reaction condition, reactions carried out at high temperature conditions currently represent the majority share of service revenues (34%); this trend is unlikely to change in the foreseen future.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit the website
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players engaged in providing API manufacturing services based on HEC / hazardous reaction chemistries?
- What are key geographical manufacturing hubs (in terms of location of facilities) for production of APIs based on HEC / hazardous reaction chemistries?
- Which reaction-specific capabilities are offered by service providers in this market?
- What are the important recent developments within this industry?
- What are the key factors that are likely to influence the evolution of this market?
- What are the challenges faced by players engaged in this market?
- How has the recent COVID-19 pandemic impacted the HEC based API manufacturing services market?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The USD 29 Billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the HEC / hazardous services market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Reaction Conditions
- High Temperature
- Low Temperature
- High Pressure
- Low Pressure
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World
The report features inputs from the following eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, as more companies become aware of the benefits of exploiting novel synthetic routes, via hazardous reaction chemistries, for drug development, the demand for HEC-based manufacturing services may be anticipated to increase in the coming years.
- Eric Fang (Chief Scientific Officer, Snapdragon Chemistry)
- Anonymous (Novasep)
- Edward Price (President / Chief Executive Director, PCI Synthesis)
The research includes detailed profiles of key players (listed below); each profile features an overview of the company, its financial information (if available), recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- AGC Chemicals
- Beijing Mediking Biopharm
- Evonik Industries
- PCI Synthesis
For additional details, please visit
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiopharmaceuticals Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030
- Continuous Manufacturing Market (Small Molecules and Biologics), 2020 – 2030
- Oligonucleotide Synthesis, Modification and Purification Services Market: Focus on Research, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications, 2020-2030
Company Name: Roots Analysis
Contact Person: Gaurav Chaudhary
Phone: +1 (415) 800 3415, +44 (122) 391 1091
Country: United Kingdom