Pan masala refers to a balanced mixture of betel leaf with lime, areca nut, clove, cardamom, mint, tobacco and many other ingredients. It is prepared with precise measurements so as to maintain a balance of all ingredients while keeping in mind its taste and human health.
Pan masala acts as a mouth freshener and unlike other Western synthetic pan masala which are made with chemical and petroleum ingredients, the Indian pan masala is considered safer. It is available in hygienic and attractive foil packets (sachets) and tins which are easy to store and carry.
According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the Indian pan masala market reached a value of INR 36,523 Crores in 2016 and is further expected to reach nearly INR 81,992 Crores by 2022. The strong growth of the market can be attributed to a number of factors. As pan masala has been traditionally popular in India, it is consumed by all age groups and social classes in the region. Large population along with rising disposable incomes also provide a huge consumer base for pan masala products. Moreover, convenient packaging, easy availability, competitive marketing by manufacturers as well as the shift from tobacco to tobacco-free products have further fuelled the demand for pan masala globally. Although it has gained prominence in urban households of India, especially among adolescents, it’s demand is growing faster in rural households.
Request a free sample copy of report: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=57&flag=B
Key findings from the report:
- Various types of pan masala available in the Indian market include pan masala containing tobacco, plain pan masala, flavoured pan masala and others. Pan masala containing tobacco dominate the market with a share of more than a half of the total market in 2016. It was followed by plain pan masala, flavoured pan masala and others.
- The majority of the Indian pan masala market is highly unorganised and is surrounded by a few players, namely, Rajnigandha (DS Group), RMD (Manikchand), Pan Vilas (Kothari Products), Pan Parag (Godfrey Phillips) and others.
- Among these players, Rajnigandha represented the largest manufacturer of pan masala accounting for the majority of the market share. It was followed by RMD, Pan Vilas, Pan Parag and others.
- These players are coming up with improvements in distribution across both the urban and rural areas.
Expert Market Research has analysed the Indian pan masala market according to type and top players:
Market breakup by Type
- Pan Masala Containing Tobacco
- Plain Pan Masala
- Flavoured Pan Masala
- Rajnigandha (DS Group)
- RMD (Manikchand)
- Pan Vilas (Kothari Products)
- Pan Parag (Godfrey Phillips)
Click here for view the summary of report: http://expertmarketresearch.com/reports/pan-masala-market
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
Company Name: Expert Market Research
Contact Person: Karen Anderson
Address:85 Broad St 10004
City: New York
Country: United States