First identified in Hubei province of Wuhan, China, this is the third time the coronavirus has created havoc in the whole world. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). Known initially as novel coronavirus-2019 (nCoV-19), the virus has now been named Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV), due to its genetic similarity with the coronavirus responsible for 2003 SARS outbreak.
COVID 19 Overview
This comprehensive report offers a solid foundation to start – or progress – further research and analysis into the COVID 19, including causes and symptoms, morbidity and mortality to transmission, treatment and prevention.
COVID 19 is a respiratory viral infection, in which common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, and cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
COVID-19 Treatment Outlook
The COVID-19 treatment outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of current and emerging trend therapeutic approaches, the impact of upcoming therapies on disease landscape, drivers and barriers and technological advancement.
Companies such as Gilead Sciences, Roche, Sanofi, Regeneron Moderna, Novavax, Medicago Inc., Altimmune, APEIRON Biologics, Inovio Pharmaceuticals and GlaxoSmithKline are few of the players working towards developing therapies for COVID-19.
Recently, China has recommended the use of Japanese drug Favilavir – being developed by Toyama Chemical (a Fujifilm Subsidiary) in treating COVID-19 patients after it has shown its potential and efficacy in curing COVID-19 with minimum associated side-effects.
Moreover, earlier the China government also approved the use of Roche’s Actemra (tocilizumab), that has been in the market since 2010 for treating serious lung disorders, has shown efficacy in curing serious complications associated with COVID-19.
Gilead’s remdesivir, an intravenous treatment, is under phase III of development. The new clinical studies include two clinical trials in China’s Hubei province led by the China-Japan Friendship Hospital as well as the recently initiated clinical trial in the United States led by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
On the other hand, Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals have initiated a clinical program of rheumatoid arthritis drug Kevzara (sarilumab) to treat hospitalized patients with severe COVID 19 coronavirus infection.
In the United States, Moderna, along with NIH started human trial of its potential vaccine for the new coronavirus.
Johnson & Johnson is working with the federal Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority on developing potential treatments for patients who are already infected with -COVID 19, where it will check if any older medicines might work against the coronavirus. Few other companies are learning from earlier vaccines from prior coronavirus outbreaks and making them more effective.
DelveInsight’s Covid 19 treatment outlook segment gives a thorough detail of emerging therapies by evaluating their impact based on mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the existing treatment scenario and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated data is presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
Scope of the Report
- The report builds an understanding of the technologies and techniques being used to develop -COVID 19 treatment drugs and vaccines.
- Comprehensive insights into the pipeline products. The report provides detailed profiles of the pipeline assets and comparative analysis of clinical and non-clinical stage products.
- Assessment of active pipeline assets segmented by stage, product type, route of administration and molecule type
- The report builds understanding of the insights about the pipeline drugs including the product-related agreements, collaborations, licensing, deals and technology
- The -COVID 19 report provides an overview of therapeutic pipeline activity and therapeutic assessment of the products by development stage, product type, route of administration, molecule type, and MOA type for -COVID 19 across the complete product development cycle, including all clinical and nonclinical stages.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence COVID 19 R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed assessment of the diagnostic tests being developed for the diagnosis of COVID 19 infection, providing information on test developer(s), development geography, technology being used in the test, time to result, and, test sample type.
- The report covers key strategies by major players in drug development with their clinical trial information, key and ongoing trends, potential market driver & barriers, and opportunities to curate best of the assess underlying potential of the market.
1. Key Insights
2. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19) Overview at a Glance
3. Disease Background and Overview: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19)
3.2. Classification of Coronavirus
3.3. Risk Factors
4.1.1. Roche (Cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test)
4.1.2. Thermo Fisher (TaqPath COVID 19 Combo Kit)
• Other companies & Detailed information in the report
5. Current Treatment Practices
5.1. WHO guidelines for clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID -19 disease is suspected
5.2. Country specific treatment guidelines
6. COVID 19 - DelveInsight's Analytical Perspective
6.1. In-depth Commercial Assessment
6.1.1. COVID 19 companies’ collaborations, Licensing, Acquisition -Deal Value Trends
6.1.2. Assessment Summary
6.2. COVID 19 Collaboration Deals
6.2.1. Company-Company Collaborations (Licensing / Partnering) Analysis
6.2.2. Company-University Collaborations (Licensing / Partnering) Analysis
6.3. COVID 19 Acquisition Analysis
7. Current Trends
8. Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. Emerging Therapy by type
8.3.1. Remdesivir: Gilead Sciences
184.108.40.206. Drug Description
220.127.116.11. Product Profile
18.104.22.168. Clinical Development
22.214.171.124. Clinical Trials Information
126.96.36.199. Safety and Efficacy
8.3.2. Actemra: Roche
188.8.131.52. Drug Description
184.108.40.206. Product Profile
220.127.116.11. Clinical Development
18.104.22.168. Clinical Trials Information
22.214.171.124. Safety and Efficacy
*Other companies & Detailed information in the report
9. Therapeutic Assessment
9.1. Clinical Assessment of Pipeline Drugs
9.1.1. Assessment by Phase of Development
9.1.2. Assessment by Product Type (Mono / Combination)
9.1.3. Assessment by Stage and Product Type
9.1.4. Assessment by Route of Administration
9.1.5. Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
9.1.6. Assessment by Molecule Type
9.1.7. Assessment by Stage and Molecule Type
9.1.8. Assessment by MOA
9.1.9. Assessment by Stage and MOA
9.1.10. Assessment by Target
9.1.11. Assessment by Stage and Target
126.96.36.199. Vaccine Description
188.8.131.52. Product Profile
184.108.40.206. Regulatory Milestones
220.127.116.11. Other Development Activities
18.104.22.168. Clinical Development
22.214.171.124. Safety and Efficacy
126.96.36.199. Vaccine Description
188.8.131.52. Product Profile
184.108.40.206. Regulatory Milestones
220.127.116.11. Other Development Activities
18.104.22.168. Clinical Development
22.214.171.124. Safety and Efficacy
9.2.3. Medicago Inc.
126.96.36.199. Vaccine Description
188.8.131.52. Product Profile
184.108.40.206. Regulatory Milestones
220.127.116.11. Other Development Activities
18.104.22.168. Clinical Development
22.214.171.124. Safety and Efficacy
9.2.4. Inovio Pharmaceuticals
126.96.36.199. Vaccine Description
188.8.131.52. Product Profile
184.108.40.206. Regulatory Milestones
220.127.116.11. Other Development Activities
18.104.22.168. Clinical Development
22.214.171.124. Safety and Efficacy
126.96.36.199. Vaccine Description
188.8.131.52. Product Profile
184.108.40.206. Regulatory Milestones
220.127.116.11. Other Development Activities
18.104.22.168. Clinical Development
22.214.171.124. Safety and Efficacy
*Other companies & Detailed information in the report
10. Key Trends and Developments
11. SWOT Analysis
12. Market Drivers of COVID 19
13. Market Barriers of COVID 19
14. COVID 19 Unmet Needs
15. Analyst Review
16.1. Report Methodology
17. DelveInsight Capabilities
19. About DelveInsight