Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Rise of Flag Nation, the Fastest Growing Custom Flag Company to Date

A successful company always begins with innovation at its finest. It is essential to identify a problem and create a streamline product or service that offers a cost-efficient solution. This methodology continues to carry weight today as companies continue being established worldwide due to young, innovative problem solvers such as the gentleman behind Flag Nation, the fastest growing custom flag company on the market. Shortly before starting his 2019 fall semester of college, Cole Chirichello, the founder of Flag Nation, realized there weren't any affordable custom flag companies on the market and seized the opportunity by creating a way to offer affordable, high-quality products. While the brand started off slow, it experienced an abrupt turn for the better when Cole’s roommate sought assistance from a few friends who were doing well in the digital field and could potentially help amplify the Flag Nation brand.

After Eddie Franzoni was introduced to the brand, he became instantly intrigued by Cole’s creative strategy; he knew exactly what needed to be done to help launch the company’s success. What started as a one-man band quickly turned into three when Eddie invited his friend Carter Smalley, a digital marketer, to contribute his expertise in advertising and marketing. Carter began planning and executing marketing campaigns on social platforms in order to more effectively generate sales and awareness. This trio of entrepreneurs finally saw all their hard work and dedication pay off when they experienced a break out month at the end of November 2019, and have continued to see steady growth since then, now servicing thousands of happy customers. We are pleased to announce that we are here with Flag Nation’s founder, Cole Chirichello, and partners, Eddie Franzoni and Carter Smalley, to discuss their story, break down their successes, and see what the future has in store for them!

Guys, thank you so much for taking the time to sit down with us today, how is everyone?

Great! Thank you for having us.

Amazing! So, to kick things off, Cole — tell me more about how Flag Nation came to be and what led to your decision to bring Carter & Eddie on board?

Flag Nation started as just an idea. I was sitting in my college dorm one day, examining the two flags I had hung up on the wall. They both looked like the classic flags you’d find in any dorm room, and I realized that I wanted something different, that nobody had. I did some research and found a way to make my own flag with a personalized image. I received countless compliments on the flag I created, so I started to make custom flags for my college friends and realized that this could be big. I started off slow with little to no marketing and some small Instagram shout-outs. After a year, I found myself pretty much in the same place, and I knew I needed to bring people on to help my business prosper. First, I was introduced to Eddie and sent him a flag; he loved both the flag and the idea I pitched to him. Eddie had the same vision as me for the company, so I knew he was going to be a huge help. From there, Eddie introduced me to Carter, who was able to put my dream into action with his marketing and advertising experience. After discussing my objectives, we all knew we made an excellent team and could effectively bring Flag Nation to the next level.

Carter, Eddie, what roles do you guys play in the company?

Carter: To be honest, we all do a little bit of everything. We collaborate on most tasks, and I think that has played a big part in our success. If I had to put a title to my specific role then I would say I’m in charge of Marketing and Advertising, but I also help with customer service and accounting. From the start, I strategized and formed a few marketing campaigns that I knew would get Flag Nation off the ground. We utilize Facebook and Instagram ads, so I spend the majority of my time running and managing them to make sure sales stay consistent, and, likewise, that we stay profitable and meet our goals. 

Eddie: Like Carter said, we all do a little bit of everything, but I would say my main roles in the company include social media, influencer marketing and digital strategy. My day-to-day usually consists of managing our Instagram, making sure we are consistently posting new content and growing followers. In the early stages of Flag Nation, I utilized my connections to get big influencers like Supreme Patty and artists like Jack Harlow to take pictures with Flag Nation merchandise and post it on their page. The fact that people saw these influencers admiring our products helped us quickly gain a credible presence on Instagram. 

So, the company was off to a slow and gradual start, but then you guys experienced a record-breaking month at the end of 2019; tell me about that.

We started our first marketing campaign for Black Friday. We offered 50% off all flags, which helped the company gain some traction. Once people took advantage of the sale and experienced the quality of our products, we started to grow. Everything just started to scale from there.

What forms of marketing does Flag Nation primarily focus on, Facebook Ads, Influencer Marketing, etc?

We do a little bit of both. We find equal success through utilizing both Facebook and Influencers, as we can attract a wider variety of customers.

That's awesome! Who are some of the influencers you have worked with in the past?

We have worked with a number of influencers on Instagram; some of the most notable ones are Supreme Patty, Kush Papi, Jack Harlow, Hirez the rapper, Pull Up VIP, Nour trades, and Joa the Plug. They all played a huge part in getting us where we are today, and we are very thankful for their support. 

That’s amazing; you all experienced so much growth and so many accomplishments in just a few months. What are you guys currently focusing your attention on?

We are currently focusing on our customer satisfaction. We want to make sure every one of our customers finds their experience with us to be more than satisfactory. We also are always analyzing ways in which we can expand and reach customers worldwide more effectively.

Well, guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story. What advice would you give to someone looking to start/grow their company?

I would tell young entrepreneurs like us that once you find something you believe in, just go all in and shoot your shot. If you’re young and just entering the business world, you’ve probably found that it’s challenging to establish yourself because people around you might not support you or your idea. You have to just ignore all of that negativity and focus on working towards your goals. 

If you want to grow your company, the most important thing to focus on is surrounding yourself with the right people and staying consistent. If you have a team working towards the same goal and you do it the right way, your company will take off. Also, you have to be willing to ask for help when you need it. Forming a support system is a key way to ensure your success. 

One last thing before you go — I’m sure there will be plenty of readers who would like to get a custom flag for their house or business, where can they get one and how can they get in contact with you? 

You can find us on Instagram @flag_nation and check out our website www.flagnation.shop. For our readers, here's a discount on your order! Use the code fn15 to get 15% off!

Media Contact
Company Name: Staiber Consulting
Contact Person: Rich Parsons
Email:Send Email
Country: United States
Website: www.staiberconsulting.com