Ink refers to a liquid or paste which consists of dyes or pigments. It can be used for writing or drawing with a pen, brush or quill. Over the years, there has been a change in the variety and quality of pigments used in inks as a result of introduction of new technologies, availability of raw material and increasing awareness of ink’s effects on people and the environment.
Ink is widely used in the printing and publishing industry for printing books, magazines, newspapers, etc.; and in the packaging industry for labelling on plastic bottles, aluminium cans, jars, etc. According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the global ink market reached a value of US$ 18 Billion in 2016 and is further expected to reach US$ 23 Billion by 2022.
The production of ink witnessed a steady growth during 2009-2016. A significant development in the end-use industries like printing, publishing, packaging, letterpress, etc. has led to an increase in consumption of ink. Moreover, increasing affordability, innovation and introduction of environment-friendly inks, and rising demand from developing countries are some of the other factors which are encouraging the market growth.
Request a free sample copy of the report: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=20&flag=B
Key findings from the report:
- The two-major end-uses of ink include packaging and publishing, and commercial printing.
- Region-wise, Asia-Pacific dominated the market with a share of one-third of the total global production in 2016. It was followed by North America and Europe.
- The types of ink available in the global ink market are oil based inks, solvent based liquid inks and water based liquid inks.
- Different kinds of printing technologies in which ink is used are Lithographic, Gravure, Flexographic and Digital.
- Being fragmented in nature, the global ink market is surrounded by a number of players. Some of these players include Sun Chemicals, Flint Group, Toyo Ink, Siegwerk Group, Sakata INX and Huber Group.
Find related reports on Consumer and Goods Industry: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/categories/consumer-goods-market-reports
Expert Market Research has analysed the global ink market according to key application areas, major regions, ink type, technology used and top players:
Market breakup by End-use
- Publishing and Commercial Printing
Market breakup by Region
- North America
Market breakup by Ink Type
- Oil based inks
- Solvent based liquid inks
- Water based liquid inks
Market breakup by Technology Used
- Lithographic Printing
- Gravure Printing
- Flexographic Printing
- Digital Printing
- Sun Chemicals
- Flint Group
- Toyo Ink
- Siegwerk Group
- Sakata INX
- Huber Group
To view the report summary and Table of Contents, click on: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/ink-market
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
Company Name: Expert Market Research
Contact Person: Karen Anderson
Address:85 Broad St 10004
City: New York
Country: United States